A mouth-watering Asian-inspired dish perfect for the whole family.
2 tsp vegetable oil (e.g. peanut oil)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
500g chicken or pork mince
800g frozen vegetable mix (carrot, peas, corn)
2.5 cups rice, cooked and cooled
1.5 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup bean sprouts, washed and chopped
- Heat oil in a large fry pan and sauté the garlic and ginger over a medium heat for five minutes until soft.
- Add mince and stir-fry until cooked.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry for approximately five minutes.
- Now add rice and soy sauce and toss to coat. Stir-fry for approximately 2-5 minutes until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve on to plates and top with spring onion and bean sprouts.
Prep time: 10
Cook time: 15
- For a vegetarian option, use tofu instead of chicken or pork mince.
- If you would like a gluten free option, use tamari instead of soy sauce.
- For the rice in this recipe, use cooked and cooled rice, or day old cooked rice, as freshly cooked rice will make your fried rice gluggy.